Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It Starts


WARNING THIS BLOG MAY SOUND A BIT RAMBLY!!!!
(in other words I may go on and on at random)


After much anticipation, I finally got my appointment with my surgeon to talk about my procedure. Before that me and my husband went to an orientation session that talked about each one of the procedures (Lap-Band, Gastric Sleeve and Gastric Bypass). I pretty much knew which one I was going to get but it was good to hear the risks, the side effects and the percentage of weight loss.


Next came my sleep study. Wow! the sleep study was so scary and uncomfortable. For one thing I had to go alone and it was at night when the offices in that building are closed. I walked in and there was a tall man who may have been Russian he had a strong accent but I don't know. He led me in the office and I was so glad to see that there were other people there so I wasn't going into a torture chamber. I walked into what would be my room and it looked like a hotel room it had a nice bed and fluffy pillows, he proceeded by putting about 8-10 sensors all over the face, neck, head and nose. He told me to lay down, also instructed me to try and stay on my back (which really sucks because I'm a side back sleeper) and put a sensor in my nose that measured the way I breath and said if I have trouble or stop breathing then he will have to hook me up with the CPAP which is a device that controls sleep apnea. He said goodnight and closed the door. At first I couldn't sleep at all and was just staring at the dark, I was so used to being in bed with my husband with the TV on or even hearing my one year old babbling in the background. Once I got used to that I fell asleep. My dreams were so odd that night, I can't even explain what happened but they were interrupted by him coming in and telling me that I would need the mask to help me sleep better.


 Holy crap is that mask uncomfortable! I thought I was going to have a freaking panic attack! He put it on me and made it tight, said goodnight again and left. Omg I thought I was going to freak out, I have this crap that has air coming through that I am breathing in, I started to think, am I actually in a torture chamber? After I took a deep breath I calmed down and went to sleep, the weird dreams started again and were again interrupted by someone from somewhere telling me to lay back on my back because I was making the CPAP do weird things. So I rolled back over to my back and fell back asleep. Next thing you know the CPAP shuts off and it feels like my air was half taken away and again I almost panicked, I needed someone to come right away to take this device off of me. Needless to say and to make a long story short,  besides the major back pain that i had because I slept uncomfortable and on my back all night, I had the best sleep ever with that machine.

Diagnosis: The tech said I would need to use the machine until I lost more weight.
I am not looking forward to it but I am looking forward to feeling refreshed when I wake up and not falling asleep while driving.

Moving right along to my one on one. I went in to talk to my surgeon about my options and what she thought was the best for me. She actually ended up saying that she thought the Gastric Bypass (instead of the gastric sleeve) would be the best procedure for me......uh.....I'm not too sure about that. She said I have a while to thing about it which is good and that I should just keep researching and talking to anyone who has had it done.


Next up....scheduling a crap load of appointments with the coordinator. 
I won't type it all but I will post what needs to be done so you can see.


DIET!


The surgeon wants me to lose 30lbs. before the procedure. GOOD LAWD!!! I know I can do it though. I am on my way to a new life and a new me and I'm so excited.

In other news

Next year we plan on trying to get our lives settled, we are hoping and praying that everything will all fall into place. We are hoping the hubby gets a job, gets his license back, we find a Lil apartment and find a more reliable car all by February of 2012. Let the savings and frugal living begin.....AGAIN

Until next time, stay happy healthy and drama free.

Quote for today:

Our life's a stage, a comedy: either learn to play and take it lightly, or bear its troubles patiently.
Palladas

No comments:

Post a Comment